I talked previously about how I found the death certificate for John Wylie Johns. He is my 2nd Great Grand Uncle and is the younger brother, by one year, of my 2nd Great Grandfather, William Jackson Johns. John was born in 1868 and died in 1927.
According to the death certificate:
- John died in Carroll County, Georgia, Military District 642 in the town of Fullerville, near Villa Rica, Georgia.
- He was married to Maggie.
- He was born May 28, 1868 in Carroll County and died at the age of 58 years, 8 months, and 12 days.
- He worked as a carpenter and blacksmith.
- He was the son of James Jackson Johns, who was born in Georgia, and Ellen Moore, who was also born in Georgia.
- He died on April 10, 1927, at 4:00am.
- The physician attended John from March 10th to April 9th. His cause of death was carcinoma of the stomach, which he had been suffering from for 5 years.
- He was buried at New Georgia, Paulding County, Georgia, on April 11, 1927.
The death certificate was informed by W.C. Johns.