Louis Schillinger and Louisa Bauer were married on 21 September 1885 in East New York. I recently acquired their marriage record from the New York Municipal Archives, and it contains vital clues to further research on the Bauer family. Previously, all I had confirmed was that Louisa Bauer’s mother was also named Louisa, as she shows up in census records as a widow living with her daughter and son-in-law. I did not know the father’s name or the mother’s maiden name. Now I do, thanks to this valuable vital record.
According to the Marriage Record of Town of New Lots, East New York:
- Louis Schillinger married Louisa Bauer on 21 September 1885.
- Both were residents of East New York at the time of their marriage.
- Louis was 22 years old and Louisa was 20 years old (which would make their birth years approximately 1863 and 1865, respectively).
- Louis was working as an architect.
- It was the first marriage for both of them.
- Louis’ parents were listed as Xavier Schillinger and Catherine Autetter. [These names were already known to me, but they are alternate spellings for his first name and her last name.]
- Here’s the really exciting news! Louisa’s parents are listed as Anton Bauer and Louisa Hoefler.
- The attestator [witness] was A. Nieman of East New York.
I want to let you know that your blog is listed in today’s Fab Finds post at http://janasgenealogyandfamilyhistory.blogspot.com/2014/03/follow-friday-fab-finds-for-march-21.html
Have a wonderful weekend!
Hi Jana -thanks for the visit and the mention on your blog!